In Australia, the appropriate keeping of a commercial truck is crucial for security as well as a preventative measure. It has the potential to save you a great deal of money by avoiding excessive wear and tear and also help you to make a truck more fuel-efficient, conserve tires and reduce operating costs.
- Maintaining proper producers' recommended tire pressure is essential as each 10 psi a tire is underinflated a truck may have a one percent reduction in the gas market or check shredder every day.
Image Source: Google
- Examine the toe-in and axle alignment as a direct tire toe from only 3/8in and an axle that's out of alignment may cause a 2.2% reduction of the gas market.
- Inspect the fan performance as a motor cooling fan on a heavy-duty truck engine will use between 10 and 70 horsepower to operate. The normal time a flame run is 5 to 7 percent of their time, however, when not functioning properly, it may run more frequently using gas.
- Assess the Freon compressor system and operation levels within an overcharged system, faulty or erroneous head pressure change and a collapsed condenser can lead to greater fuel consumption.
- Replace the oil, hydraulic fluid, fuel, and air filters in the correct intervals according to the vehicle manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Examine the body for any rust or harm and fix it as soon as you can prevent additional harm and take care of the body's aerodynamics and fuel market.